Maxweld & Brazy Delivery Policy
This policy has been developed to ensure the accurate and secure delivery of all purchases according to your delivery needs. Should you have any questions with regards to deliveries, please contact your local branch or sales representative.
- Express Delivery (1 to 2 working days) is subject to stock availability, and is limited to main centres. Orders placed on a Friday will be delivered on the following Monday or Tuesday. In the case of a mixed basket, our standard delivery policy of 3-5 working days will apply.
- Free shipping applies to main centres only and is dependent on MOQs
- We can only deliver products to street addresses within the borders of the Republic of South Africa.
- Standard Deliveries will be made within 3-5 business days upon acceptance of your order.
- Quoted delivery times are a guide only and while Maxweld & Braze endeavours to meet the targeted delivery times for both Express Deliveries and Standard Deliveries, from time to time factors beyond our control can result in delayed delivery.
- Once you have received confirmation of your order, we regret that no changes to the specified address and/or delivery option will be accepted.
- In order to safeguard your purchase, the carrier will only deliver to the specified address and to you or one of the people indicated on the notes of the order as being authorised to receive your parcel.
- The person receiving the parcel will be asked by the courier/driver to sign the invoice indicating that the parcel/carton has been received undamaged and in good condition.
- In the unlikely event that the products are damaged and/or not in working condition, then the receiving person can either:
- Check the parcel and inspect contents in front of the driver and indicate on the delivery documentation whether there are any: breakages, damages or items missing. Both parties (the driver/courier and the person receiving) will need to co-sign their names against this indication. If the receiving person chooses to still accept the damaged carton, the waybill will reflect that a damaged parcel was received and accepted with both parties co-signing.
- Alternatively, the receiving person can send the parcel back and indicate on the waybill/delivery documentation the reasons for sending the parcel back. Both parties will need to co-sign against this indication.
- Should the parcel be accepted, and breakages, damages or items missing are only noticed afterwards, the timeframe in which to report this is 24 hours. Should these breakages, damages or items missing be reported more than 24 hours later, the query will be rejected.
- Kindly refer to our refunds policy for further information.
Maxweld & Braze reserves the right to refuse service, cancel orders and terminate accounts at the company's discretion.
Maxweld & Braze Returns, Refund & Exchange Policy
If you are dissatisfied with an item purchased from Maxweld & Braze, you may return it to any branch for a refund, replacement or exchange provided that the conditions of our Refund & Exchange policy have been satisfied.
We will exchange or refund a product provided that:
- there is valid proof of purchase, i.e. invoice;
- it is within 3 months of the original purchase date;
- it is in its original packaging or condition, i.e the packaging is undamaged, and product is undamaged and unused.
- For hygiene reasons, used PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) may not be returned or exchanged. This includes - but is not limited to - gloves, masks, goggles and other safety garments.
- Refunds and/or exchanges will be accepted at any Maxweld & Braze branch countrywide, provided that the above requirements are satisfied.
- We will only consider exchanging or refunding a faulty product if it was used for its intended purpose and in accordance with the product’s instructions and / or user manual.
- No refunds or exchanges will be made for a product that has been misused or purposely damaged.
- A faulty product will, where relevant, be subject to a technical assessment by a specialist before being repaired, replaced or refunded.
- Repairs may involve a courier cost that is for the customer’s account and will be quoted upfront.
- Authorisation for your return will be issued by our Head Office in the form of an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorisation). No product return will be accepted by any branch without this RMA.
- A Credit Return Checklist, providing qualifying questions in compliance with section 20 of the Customer Protection Act no. 68 of 2008, will need to be completed and signed by both the Maxweld & Braze manager as well as the customer in respect of the stock returned.
- Qualifying questions in terms of the abovementioned legislation include:
- Has stock been partially disassembled, physically altered, permanently installed, affixed, attached, joined or added to, blended or combined with, or embedded within, other goods or property;
- Is the customer claiming expenses to return stock to M&B from M&B;
- Is stock returned more than 3 months after the POD date;
- Is the customer at a loss for a valid motivation for returning stock.
- The completed and signed Credit Return Checklist will be reviewed and authorised or rejected by the Maxweld & Braze Quality Department.
- Should the answer to any of the abovementioned questions be “yes”, the return may not be authorised / a return may be authorised, adjusting the cost to be refunded to the customer accordingly (as the case might be in accordance with this legislation).
Tell us about your experience in our stores or on the website:
- talk to any of our Branch Managers about our service and our products; or
- contact our Head Office on 011 841 9800; or
e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Maxweld & Braze Warranty and Repair Policy
The Maxweld & Braze warranty is our One-Year Warranty which has been extended exclusively for our Distributor customers by 3 months, and is a voluntary manufacturer’s warranty. It provides rights separate to rights provided by consumer law, including but not limited to those relating to non-conforming goods. As such, the Maxweld & Braze One-Year Limited Warranty benefits are in addition to, and not instead of, rights provided by consumer law and it does not exclude, limit or suspend a buyer’s rights arising from consumer law. Consumers have the right to choose whether to claim service under the Maxweld & Braze 15 month Limited Warranty or under their consumer law rights. Important: The Maxweld & Braze One-Year Limited Warranty terms and conditions shall not apply to consumer law claims. For further information about consumer law, please contact your local consumer organisation.
Please note: All claims made under the Maxweld & Braze 15 Month Limited Warranty will be governed by the terms set out in this warranty document.
Your Maxweld & Braze product (“Product”) is warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of ONE (1) YEAR three (3) MONTHS from the date of original purchase (“Warranty Period”) when used in accordance with Maxweld & Braze`s user manuals. Under this warranty, you will be able to direct your claims to Maxweld & Braze (via your authorised distributor) even in situations where you purchased the Maxweld & Braze Product from a third party. If a defect arises during the Warranty Period, Maxweld & Braze, at its option will (1) repair the Product at no charge using new parts or parts that are equivalent to new in performance and reliability, or (2) exchange the Product with a product with equivalent functionality formed from new and/or previously used parts that are equivalent to new in performance and reliability or with your consent, a product that is at least functionally equivalent to the product it replaces. This warranty excludes normal depletion of consumable parts, which includes but is not limited to: primary plugs, cables, secondary cables, torches and wear parts (for example: earth clamps, electrode holders and all connectors). The aforementioned consumable parts are excluded from this warranty unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship and, damage resulting from abuse, accident, modifications, unauthorized repairs or other causes that are not defects in materials and workmanship.
Any limitations of liability in this warranty document shall not apply to (i) death or personal injury pursuant to any mandatory law on product liability; (ii) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; (iii) intentional misconduct or gross negligence; (iv) or a culpable breach of major contractual obligtions. A damages claim based on a breach of major contractual obligations or gross negligence will be limited to foreseeable damage typical for the sale contract concerned.
To obtain warranty service, contact Maxweld & Braze (http://www.maxweld.co.za/weldamax.html) your original distributor or third-party. Proof of purchase may be required to verify eligibility.
Maxweld & Braze will provide warranty service through one or more of the following options:
- Carry-in service. You may return your Product to a Maxweld & Braze branch or a Maxweld & Braze authorised distributor.
- Collection service. If Maxweld & Braze determines that your Product is eligible for collection service, Maxweld & Braze will send a representative to collect the defective product, so that it may be repaired / replaced. Maxweld & Braze will be responsible for shipping to and from your location if instructions regarding the method of packaging and shipping the Product are followed.
Service options, parts availability and response times may vary according to region. If you require service in a region where Maxweld & Braze does not maintain an Maxweld & Braze branch or Maxweld & Braze Authorized Distributor, service options may be limited. If a given service option is not available for the Maxweld & Braze Product in such region, Maxweld & Braze or its agents shall notify you about any additional shipping and handling charges which may apply before rendering service.
International Warranty and Repairs
Maxweld & Braze does not offer repairs in areas outside of the Republic of South Africa. Should you have purchased your product from one of our international distributors, please contact that distributor for more details on repairing your product. Should you need our Head Office to assist with the repair of your product, please note that the delivery of the product to, and from our Head Office is for the customer’s own account.
If any term is held to be illegal or unenforceable, it shall be severed from this warranty and the legality or enforceability of the remaining terms shall not be affected.
This warranty is governed by and construed under the laws of the Republic of South Africa.